Thursday, March 19, 2009

i joined a gym...

Well...as the title of my blog says...I joined a gym today! I have been losing weight, and still have about 15 - 20 pounds to go, but I'm kind of stuck. So I joined the anytime fitness gym which is about 2 miles from the trailer, and I'm going to start waking up at 5 or 5:30 and going to work out and then tan (at the gym). Rod doesn't leave for work until 6:45 or so, so that will give me plenty of time each morning. I'm excited!! I bought some new tennis shoes and work out clothes today since I didn't bring my own from home, and I can't wait to get started in the morning. I've never worked out at a gym before, but I'm going to give it all I got! Hopefully I will be looking gooood by bathing suit time!! LOL.

The kids are doing good. Mercie is walking around with a blanket on her head, Mikaela and Eli are watching Arthur on PBS. They love "PBS Kids dot org" as Mikaela calls it....LOL.

Rod's good, he likes his job as good as he can. Life is pretty good up here in Indiana. It's not home, but we're all together. I miss my sweet mother, my sweet mother in law, my sweet sisters, my sweet maemae and my sweet dad. And especially my sweet little nephew Bryton. I miss his sweet face. My sister is due any time now, and I'm sad that I'm not going to be there for the birth of Sawyer. But I'm going to go see that little man as soon as I can.

I'm having a little difficulty with my Bible reading, and I'm not quite sure why. I just sort of leaf through it reading a verse here and there and mostly reading the commentary and devotions! I haven't had trouble like this in a loooong time, usually I devour the scriptures like I'm starving. I'm googling Bible reading plans (not the read through in year...done that!)If anybody has any interesting or enveloping reading plans or ideas...please let me know! I would like any input. I need to get back in the Word, because I can tell a difference in myself. Not anything bad...just not what I need to be.

2 comments:

Beth Herring said...

I know you will enjoy the gym time. Nothing like a good workout to get your blood flowing and revive you for the day!

I will talk to you about some good bible studies - maybe even send you a little package.

Thank you for being such a sweet blessing to me,

Mama

Miss Janet said...

Hi again, Beth!

What if you went back to some books that you are passionate about? I LOVED reading Dueteronomy and also the story of Joseph. Those two books light me up!

When I read a book, I take notes on the side of my Bible. Like, yesterday I was reading Romans 3 and got to verse 20. Next to it I wrote "the Law helps you see your sin." That way, what I read sticks in my head!

Another thing that I do is highlight. It's not for everyone, I know, but I like it! I color code, too! Yellow is for a miracle, pink is for promise, orange is when God or Jesus spoke, blue is a warning and purple and green are just general colors to bring attention.

Hope that brings an idea to your head!