Wednesday, April 29, 2009

home

We drove all day Sunday - 6am to 6pm - and finally made it home. Well, actually I went to my mom and dad's and stayed the night Sunday night. Monday I went with my sister to take her oldest to the doctor and got to hold my sweet nephew all day. Tuesday I went and spent the afternoon with my mother in law. Today I planted a few flowers and visited with my sister and now I'm at my maw in law's again.

It's good to be home, but it's not the same without Rod here. I miss him terribly, and don't see myself staying much longer. It's good to visit with everybody, but it's not right for families to be apart. He misses us too! We're going to Missouri next, probably, instead of Georgia.

I can't wait to go to church tonight and see my pastor and his wife and all my church friends. It will be good to be at my home church.

We are through schooling for now. We're going to continue to read and do vocabulary some, but it's almost summer and I'm whooped! Mikaela's ready for a break and I need to regroup and plan for next year. I'll be doing a preschool and a 1st grade. Not sure what curriculum I'm going to use, probably just a mixture of whatever I like. If anybody has any they really like, let me know so I can check it out.

Blessings to everybody. Pray for us and my sweet hubby as he's alone up there!!

4 comments:

Miss Janet said...

Oh, bless your heart! I hope your break and rest are just wonderful and a Spirit filled time!

Beth Herring said...

I am so enjoying you being home! I have missed you so much. I am going to stock upon grandbaby sugar to hold me....

Miss Janet said...

I see that it has been 2 weeks since you've posted. Sure hope all is well!

Just want to let you know that I started a new blog for my family!

www.homeward4.blogspot.com

Love,
Janet

Catherine said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog and saw your curriculum question. We love Heart of Dakota! :) I'm sure the Lord will lead you to the right choice for your family.

In Him,
Catherine