Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birds, Emaw, Shoes

Today was a fun day. The kids and I went to WalMart this morning to buy diapers for Mercie and pick up a few craft supplies for the hummingbird craft I found online. In the craft section they had some wooden bird houses that you could paint for $2.62 a piece. They were pretty nice sized, and I already had lots of paint at home. The kids had a ball painting them and they turned out really cute. Eli wanted to mix his paint together, and he was so proud of his finished project. Mikaela wanted hers to be for hummingbirds, so she painted it red and yellow. They love to do arts and crafts. I really need to incorporate it in more fun ways, like today. When Eli was through, we washed his hands and he looked up at me and smiled and said, "Thanks for letting me paint, Mama. Your the best!" That just makes everything worth it.

Rod's grandmother, Emaw, is in the hospital. Pray for her. The kids and I went to see her today, and prayed for her, and took her some candy and a flowers. The kids were really calm and quiet in the hospital, which kind of surprised me. Here lately, they have been like different children. Not to say that they weren't "good" before, but they are much better behaved and much calmer. It's so refreshing. Mikaela is much more relaxed and happy now that she's home. Eli just loves having her home. We're still trying to figure out a good homeschool routine and curriculum, but we're getting there. She likes it, though. Just sitting at the table, working in her workbooks, coloring, cutting and gluing. Right up her ally. Eli wanted to be right up the middle of her schoolwork today. He's not too terribly interested in his workbooks, because they are a little advanced for him, but he wants to do exactly what she's doing!

I'm taking Mercie to the doctor tomorrow morning. She's got a terrible rash on her back that's getting bigger and she's been tugging on her ears and putting her finger in them. The kids are going with me, and I'm looking forward to it. I really think they'll behave. Then we have to go get Mercie some new shoes. She's down to one pair of Keds, that were Mikaela's!, and her poor little (I mean chubby) foot is just bulging out every side! She needs a pair of dress shoes and a pair of tennis shoes, so we're probably going to Payless first. They might have BOGO going on, Buy One Get One half off. They have really cute shoes, too. I'd like her to have some more Keds, but I'm going to look at Payless first.

Rod is missing us terribly. And we are missing him even more. I hate when he's gone. I can't wait to see him. Mikaela prayed tonight that he'd be home in time for Valentine's Day. I hated to tell her he wasn't.

No comments: