Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yesterday went well...

Our first full day of homeschooling went really well yesterday. We went to the library, and would you know, there was only 1 book on hummingbirds that wasn't checked out?! We got it, but I couldn't help but wonder...how many people are interested in hummingbirds?! Oh well...we're going back later to see if the rest are available yet. The kids were excellent in the library...quiet, calm, still. We came home, did some reading, some playing, some chores. My sister took us out to eat pizza last night, and we came home and took baths, read books, went to bed. It was a very peaceful day. It's amazing how when you get in God's will and do what you know He wants you to do, how peaceful your life gets. Not to say that there wasn't a single moment of chaos or arguing, but overall, it was more peaceful than usual.
We've already done our morning school work today, and Mikaela did great and didn't complain at all. She wrote in her journal, "I love to pray. Do you love to pray?" I can sense a pattern about to start...but since she's only 6, I don't expect too much out of her journal yet. I didn't have to spell anything for her. She told me she wants to make a hummingbird today, so I'm trying to figure that one out. Her and Eli have been getting along great all morning. She's fixing him a drink right now, without me even asking her to. I love when they help each other. It just warms my heart! Well I'm going to post more later. I've been trying out Peaceful Parenting, and I'm going to post about that during naptime. We're about to go play outside for a bit.

2 comments:

Beth Herring said...

Mikaela is certainly learning - she told me all about Hummingbirds Tuesday night. Your method of teaching is perfect. Even Eli chimed in with some information about birds!

Love you

Seeking Him, Megan said...

Thank you for that encouragement, Mom. I needed to hear that. I love you.