Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Homeschool

Well, I have decided to homeschool. Again. I started homeschooling Mikaela the beginning of this year. However, it quickly got frusterating for me, and she missed her friends, and on a whim one morning, I put her back in school. That was the worst decision I've ever made. I made it without even praying about it. I know that homeschooling is what God wants me to do. So I've decided to do it, and quitting is not even an option. If I get frustrated, I'll take a 3 day break or something. But it's something I desire to do, and it's something I feel like I need to do. So as of next week, we will be homeschooling from now on.

I abosolutely cannot believe Mercie will be 1 Friday! For her birthday I bought her a cute little plush purse with a plush phone, wallet, credit card, and keys. It is so adorable, and I think she's going to love it. She loves anything that you dig in and take stuff out of!

Today we were in the play room and Mercie was of course trying to play with the puzzle that Eli (3) was playing with. He gets very frusterated easily, and he was steaming. I heard him say, "I hate you" not very loud, but loud enough where I could hear. I said, "Eli! What did you just say?!" He looked at me with wide eyes, and said so seriously, "I don't want to tell you." I said, "Eli tell me what you just told Mercie." He said, "Um..um..I said I love you." He got a spanking for lying, and then he told me what he said. Then he got a spanking for telling her he hated her, even though she's only 1 and doesn't understand, that is NOT something we're going to say in our home to our family members. Hmmm. 3 is a tough age.

Actual sentences said the past few days in our home:
"You will not put boogers in any part of her body!"
"Do not stick your hand in the VCR!"
"Do not stick that knife in the toaster!"
"We do not throw Mercie!"
"You cannot eat Peanut Butter Crunch for every single meal."
"I'm too tired to eat/clean/play/walk/bathe" (Eli)







No comments: