Sunday, February 1, 2009

This and That

Yesterday it was so pretty outside, so we stayed outside pretty much all day long. We didn't even take naps, because the kids were having so much fun!! I hate to interrupt them when they are playing so well together, but they were pooped last night! They took baths, ate sandwiches (I didn't cook!) and were asleep by 7. Mercie was asleep before 6! She fell asleep on my lap, and when I moved her to try to wake up her, she was like dead weight. Didn't even flinch. So I put her in the bed and she slept until almost 8 this morning!
Rod and the kids and I got the yard cleaned up yesterday. He cleaned out and around his shed and we picked up around the yard. He's leaving for Indiana Saturday to work for about 2 months. The kids and I are not going, and it's going to be tough! After that, there's a looong job in Georgia, 16 months or so, and we've been praying about it. I think we're all going to go.

These past few days my mind has been full of thoughts and heavy on decisions. Finally, last night, I just gave it all to God, like I should have done in the first place! It kills me, that I try to make decisions on my own, without consulting Him. I guess it's human nature to try to figure things out, but God knows what's best, He knows what's going to happen, and He knows what's not going to happen. Why I can't just leave everything up to Him, I don't know!! It's so silly of me to think that I can figure things out! Thank God for His never ending Love, Forgivenss, Mercy, and Compassion on us poor ignorant Christians!

I am so thankful and I just want to share it! I'm thankful for my wonderful, sweet, hard working husband. He's the Best I could have ever asked for. I'm thankful for my beautiful children that God has entrusted to me. They are so sweet and time goes by much too quickly. I'm thankful for the crazy, loud moments because it means my kids are healthy and strong. I'm crazy for the messy house because it gives me something to do when the kids are asleep. I'm thankful that I am healthy and my husband and kids are healthy. I'm thankful that my family has plenty to eat and wear, and a nice roof over our heads. I'm thankful that God provides for us when we need it! And even when we don't. I'm so thankful for my wonderful life. I would never trade any of it for anything in the world.

No comments: