Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Prayer Today

God, please forgive me for my dissatisfaction, my desire for worldly possessions, my dependence on money instead of You, and my poor attitude.

Give me contentment with what I have, what you have blessed me with and entrusted to me! Give me joy in my everyday life that comes from what I have with You, Lord, and not what I have in my possession or bank account. Make my happiness come from You, and not depending on how much I can get or how nice I can make my house or the clothes that I wear.

Forgive my vanity. Forgive my concern for what other people think. Forgive me for taking my wonderful children and my sweet husband for granted sometimes.

Take away my love for things. Take away my desire to be beautiful to this world. Take away the security I feel in having money. Take away my wrong intentions and bad motives. Take away my dissatisfaction and my feelings of inadequacy and my stress.

Purify my heart and cleanse my life. Show me how to take captive every thought and conform it to Your thoughts. Help me to be a better mother and better wife.

Amen.

Which Jesus do you follow?
Which Jesus do you serve?
If Ephesians says to imitate Christ,
Why do you look so much like the world?

Cause my Jesus bleed and died
He spent His time with theives and liars.
He loved the poor and accosted the comfortable,
So which one do you want to be?
Blessed are the poor in Spirit,
Or do we pray to blessed with the wealth of this land?
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness,
Or do we ache for another taste of this world of shifting sand?
Cause my Jesus bleed and died for my sins
He spent His time with theives and sluts and liars.
He loved the poor and accosted the rich,
So which one do you want to be?

"My Jesus" by Todd Agnew

1 comment:

Beth Herring said...

I could copy and paste onto my post. I do sometimes focus too much on things and it doesn't take much to get my head back on straight and pointed toward Jesus.

Thanks for being such a great daughter and Christian example.

Love you more than you can imagine,

Mama :)