Friday, January 9, 2009

Rod is coming home tomorrow!! I can't wait. I really miss him. This week has gone by sort of fast, sort of slow. Nighttime is the lonliest. I usually talk to Rod, eat with Rod, watch movies with Rod, etc. And by myself, well , I don't like it!! The kids and I are going to meet him at the airport. They are so excited to see their daddy!

We haven't done much this week. My mom came and stayed the night on Tuesday night. She was off work Wednesday and Thursday. Mikaela didn't go to school yesterday, and I'm considering pulling her out and homeschooling again. I'm going to talk to Rod about that. She went today...but there is a teacher at her school who was sending inappropriate email and text messages to a 14 year old male student. And the teacher is still teaching and coaching!! That makes you wonder...who else is teaching your kids? While they are at school for 7 hours, who is with them, supposed to be their role models?! This teacher, she was supposed to be a good Christian, she was 26, had a good family, nice husband, she was attractive. What makes somebody do that? You would have never suspected her to do something like this. That is what makes this so unbelievable. A small school, really small school, and this happens? And they are letting her keep on teaching? And she hasn't been arrested yet? And they have all the proof they need to arrest her? Crazy.

My Bible study I'm doing, The Mind Of Christ, I'm on the Beatitudes. I'm memorizing that part of scripture. Man, when you start studying scripture, you see it a whole lot differently than when you just read it.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of God.
Blessed are they that mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
Blessed are those that are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:3-10

I typed that from memory, believe it or not! I hope I got it correct.

Have a blessed day everyone!

1 comment:

Beth Herring said...

You are a blessing.

Love you and Seeking Him,
Beth