Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Quiet.

It's quiet around here tonight. Rod, Mikaela and Eli went to church. Mercie was sooo tired, being that she didn't take a nap all day, and she conked out at 6. Which isn't too early for her, considering she goes to sleep usually around 6:30 or 7. The only sound is the washing machine and dryer, to me that's a comforting noise. I'm just so weird!



Last night, I cooked deer meat and it was sooo good. All I did was marinate some deer ham in Worsishire (sp.), milk, an egg, and some steak sauce (yes, steak sauce). Then I put it in a pan, covered it with a can of cream of celery, chopped onions and bell peppers, covered it with foil and cooked it about 3 hours. It was delicious, juicy, tender...and so easy! I made some rice and toast, and it was a very filling meal. We eat a lot of deer meat around here. Rod loves to hunt.



Mikaela has a loose tooth, and it's very loose! Her first one, and I'm so nervous. I told Rod he had to pull it, because Mikaela won't, and I don't think I could. She told me today, "I'm gonna be prayin' for that tooth, for God to loose it up some more, so it will fall out soon." It was so cute. Eli made me "wiggle" his not even close to being loose teeth, and then "wiggled" mine. He got so upset when Mikaela told him her tooth was going to bleed when it came out. He was rubbing her arm and consoling her. I love when they act like they love each other! It makes me giddy inside and brings tears to my eyes.



Mercie finally said "mama" today! I know, I know, she's almost a year old. She walked at 10 months, but all she'll say is "dada", "da", and "de" for deer. I was so upset that wouldn't say "mama." This morning, Rod and Mercie and me were in the bed and I said, "Mercie, please say Mama!" And she said "mamama" and then wouldn't say it again. Oh well. At least she said it once.



She went to the health unit for her check up Tuesday and weighed 24 pounds, 28 inches long. She's in the 94 percentile for her weight, and....the 24 percentile for her height! LOL. My mom said she's a box. She is sooooo fat!! But so beautiful. She already in size 4 diapers, 18 month clothes. Eli was wearing some of his 18 months short last summer...and he was 3!! She also got her finger pricked, and didn't even cry. I was so proud. She just looked at the nurse like, What do you think you're doing?! She's growing up too fast. Before I know it, she'll be talking up a storm and hopefully have thinned out some. I think I'm gonna get her a thigh master, lol. Just kidding. But seriously, her thighs are bigger than Eli's....I know, cause I measured them with a tape measure. She has saddle bags, and a big ol' booty. But she's so pretty!



I was teaching Eli number concepts today...1,2, and 3. He caught on real fast, we might move on to 4 and 5 tomorrow. I taught him how to write the letter A, he still needs practice because he's not steady with a pencil and doesn't have basic writing skills. I've tried, but he's only 3. He wants to learn though! He can't sit still long, but we're working on his concentration. 5 minutes at a time! He drew a picture of himself, because we learned that God made us unique, and he actually for the first time drew, and not just scribbled line and such.





I drew the eyes to his specifications, but he drew the rest. Even the purple mouth. He's prettty talented, but then again, so are all my little blessings!!

1 comment:

Beth Herring said...

I almost cried when I read all this tonight! SO precious. So sweet. So familiar....

Thank you for being my daughter. For being God's daughter. For being such a fabulous mother. You are a blessing.

Joyfully His,
Mama