Sunday, January 4, 2009



These are my sweeties playing in a band for me! The kids had got out thier instruments, even little Mercie had her drum, and then Rod decided to get two deer horns to hit together, and volia! A world class band. It was so funny and loud. Mikaela and Eli were both singing, too. Different songs, by the way.

Rod is in Nicaragua! He called this morning and they are alright, they were heading to the little village in the mountains. I probably won't get to talk to him again, though. Remember him in your prayers!!

Also, someone I know lost their baby Friday. She went in to get her, and she had stopped breathing in her sleep. Pray for her and her husband and family. I cannot even imagine losing a baby. The baby was 4 months old.

I was wondering why a 3 year old can be so stubborn sometimes. I think he does it on purpose. Yesterday I was in the kitchen and he came in there. Conversation as follows:

Eli: I want a cookie, Mama.

Me: I don't have any. Sorry.

Eli: But I want a cookie.

Me: I don't HAVE one.

Eli: But, Mama! I want a cookie, please!

Me: (losing patience, hate to admit it) Eli. I. Don't. Have. Cookies. DON"T HAVE.

Eli: Okay...

Me: Do you want something else to eat?

Eli: A cookie.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Haha, that's hilarious. Kids can be so funny! This morning the first thing my little boy said after waking up was "Cheese. Mmmm." :)

Beth Herring said...

Do you think that God ever feels like this??

Beth