Saturday, January 17, 2009

Developing

I have just been thinking about some things today.

I have been doing a bible study "The Mind of Christ", and I'm on Unit 10, titled, "Living in the Spirit". Day 1 was called "The Spiritual controls the Material." It was a really really convicting, powerful lesson. I am going to put an excerpt down here from page 146.

"Ask the Lord to guide you to victory over..the following:

Set your mind on things above -- the spiritual.
Allow God to renew your mind with a Christlike mind set.
Deny yourself and the importance of the material.
Follow Christ in giving priority and emphasis to the spiritual.
Ask God to help you emphasize the spiritual in practical ways.
Write notes to yourself about the things you sense God is guiding you to do."

Well, that is what my goals are!! I really want to have the mind of Christ and to exhibit His actions and attitudes in my every day life. Denying myself and the importance of material things...that is what I long to do, yet it's so hard. I will think I'm doing well, and then start talking about "I want this...I want to do that to my house...I would like things better if I had this..." etc. And I'll stop myself and realize that I have a looooong way to go.

On another note...we went to the party today. It was fun, as fun as a 6 year old party can be I guess. Mercie's first birthday is coming up...it's always so exciting, their first birthday.

Well pray for me that I can develop the mind of Christ.

No comments: