Sunday, December 28, 2008

Last night of Hanukkah

We went to church this morning. It is me and Rod's 3 month cycle of teaching the toddler class. We really enjoy teaching, today we taught about "Money in a Fish". (The story from Matt. 17) The kids thought it was strange that Peter found a coin in the fish mouth. I don't really think they believed me! Rod is gone to feed the deer right now, but he is speaking tonight at church. He's leaving Jan. 3 for Nicaragua again, and our pastor wants him to say a few words about it. Everybody asks me, "Are you nervous about him going?" But honestly, I'm not. I know that God has so much planned for him, that He's going to take care of him. I think Rod's more nervous than me! lol.

Tonight's the last night of Hanukkah. Tonight the candle meaning comes from Rev. 21:22-27. It gives us a description of our eternal dwelling place in the New Jerusalem. "And I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty, the Lamb, are it's temple. And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine upon it, for the glory of the Lord has illumined it, and it's lamp is the Lamb. And the nations shall walk by its light, and the kings of the earth shall bring their glory into it. And in the daytime (for there shall be no night there) its gates shall never be closed; and they shall bring glory and honor of the nations into it; and nothing unclean and no one who practices abomination and lying shall ever come into it, but only those who names are written in the Lamb's book of life."

How exciting is that glimpse into our eternity!

No comments: